Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Packing Series // The Brushes and The Makeup

Hola beauties! Yep, I said hola, because I just felt like it. :) Hope you all are well and enjoying the sunny summer? Or not so sunny here anymore.. We have had rain, lightning and whole lot of scary noises so didn't get a lot of sleep! I've been to the doctor today and got a vaccine so I have been really tired and down but I'm much better now and I wanted to put up my very last post in my Packing Series - Yes, I said that there would be 6 posts but I have decided to put Brushes and Makeup in one post. So I hope that you are okay with that and look forward to seeing what I brought ;)

Lets get going with today's post! Oh and I will be doing a 'What's in my bag' post soon, as I just got a new bag today. It made my, otherwise down, day! 
For brushes Vivianna suggests a Buffing Brush which I brought plus 6 other ones ;) This is why I decided to put these two categories in one post, as I over packed and I'm only going to talk about the brushes and products I DID use. I chose to pack my brushes in this Real Techniques brush bag-thing-y. You get this when I buy Real Techniques brush sets - in this case the Core Collection which, if you don't already own it, you NEED to get it. These brushes are my most used. 

The most used brush I packed was the Real Techniques Contour Brush which I use for both highlighter and blush - one on each 'side' - both my highlighter and blush are cream based. The second most used was the MAC 217 Brush which I think every beauty blogger and their dog have. It's just such an easy brush for blending but also for just a wash of colour all over the lid. Lastly the third most used was the 'Cheap China' Powder Brush. I bought a whole batch of these brushes in China, they are not the best brushes, but they do work fine. This one I call the Powder brush and I used this to apply my bronzer - works perfectly. The other ones I didn't use except for the Cheap China Angle Brush, but only used it once, the day we departuredas I couldn't use it more than that - Here's a little recommendation, do not bring gel eyeliner with you on camping. You can't wash the brush properly and it will harden. 

This was what I had for the brushes - it would have been a short post, wouldn't it? :) So I will continue with the make up bits and this will explain why I didn't use my beloved Buffing Brush. 
Makeup wise Vivanna suggest packing Cheek & Lip Tint, Mascara, Lip Balm and  Eyelash Curlers. I should have listen to her and followed the list. I only wore 'a lot' of makeup one day, when we went bowling. I over packed like I was going to a party every day - dang it ;) But now I have learned from my minor mistake and you can learn from it too.

The bits I did end up using was my beloved Lip Balm (Green) - this one is a Danish brand but as long as it's Mentholatum based I will love it. Love the tingling and cold feeling, then you now it works. I used my Maybelline The Rocket Mascara for my lashes to give them a long and full affect. These two products was all I used most days, really. I might pop some of my very well loved Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Dixie, applied it with the contour brush on my cheeks but that's it. 

The day we went bowling I wanted to dress up a bit and apply a little more makeup. For my skin I used my lovely Garnier BB Cream which I apply with ma' fingers as I find it works better that way. This is why I did use my Buffing Brush, as I only use it for foundation - Nope.. I have know idea why I even packed it in the first place. To bronze up my face I used The Body Shop Bronzing Powder in Medium Matte. Love this, hitting pan on this soon. 

As I only really have one cream blusher and one highlighter I would love some recommendations from you guys - if you have any :) 

Lastly for eyes I applied my rediscovered eyeshadow from Rimmel London in Smokey Quatz which I just love for a wash of colour all over the lid. I also applied some liquid eyeliner to define the eyes a bit, the one I brought is a L'Oréal Super Liner Garbon Gloss.

This is the end of my Packing Series! Hope you liked reading them as much as I loved writing them.

Do let me know if you end up using this series for when you have you go on holiday :) 

Oh and do tell me in the comments which posts in SERIES was the best 

Thanks so much for reading and have a lovely, night or day <3

Love Marie-Louise 


7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    found you via twitter - #bbloggers

    glad i did! new follower :)

    come and check out mine if you'd like to

    http://zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog. Glad to read this here. Please also visit my blog and don't be shay for commenting. kangraavalley.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheek and lip tint... that would be a great item to take on a trip! Kills two birds in one stone. You're so thorough in this post. Love it.

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried any illamasqua products before, but their products look lovely!

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those brushes do look fab and I love the little case they come in. Have you tried 2true cheek and lip tint from Superdrug, it is quite good and a bargain xx

    Beautyqueenuk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh, fint indlæg :-) Jeg elsker Real Techniques børsterne <3

    Knus Mia
    www.blogaboutmia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I not a fan of those "Hi, I like your blog, come to see mine", but I wanted to tell you that your blog is really sweet and I like it very much :) That's all :)
    And, no, you dont have to go to my blog :))) I'm a fan of yours and I will stop by :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment

You're putting a smile on my face!